March 14, 2014
This is designed to serve as a source of information so that it is fully understood one the basic civil rights laws that protect your benefits and rights to fair and equal public service as provided by the Licking Bridge Builders, Inc., specifically, as it is related to protections by the Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
116 Green Street
Licking, Missouri 65542
Phone – (573-674-3558)
E-Mail – www.lickingbb.com
The Licking Bridge Builders, Inc. Transportation grants all citizens equal access to all its transportation services. Licking Bridge Builders Inc., endeavors to ensure that all citizens are aware of their rights to such access. Licking Bridge Builders Inc. provides services and operates programs without regard to race, color, and national origin in full compliance with title VI.
Title VI is a section of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 requiring that “No person in the United States shall on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” Title VI does not address gender discrimination. It only covers race, color and national origin.
As a member of the general public, if you desire to file a discrimination complaint against Licking Bridge Builders Inc. under Title VI , the following process should be followed.
1. Any person who believes he or she has been subjected to unlawful discrimination by any employee of Licking Bridge Builders Inc. may file a complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI complaint form. Title VI complaints must be received in writing within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory complaint.
2. Information on how to file a Title VI complaint is posted on our agency’s website and in public areas of our agency.
3. You may download the Licking Bridge Builders Inc. title VI complaint form at www.lickingbb.com or request a copy by writing to Licking Bridge Builders Inc., 116 Green Street, Licking, Missouri 65542. Information on how to file a Title VI complaint may also be obtained by calling Licking Bridge Builders Inc. at (573)674-3558.
You may file a signed, dated complaint no more than 180 days from the date of the alleged incident. the complaint should include:
– Your name, address and telephone number
– Specific detailed information (how, why and when) about the alleged act of discrimination.
– Any other relevant information, including the names of any persons, if known, the agency should contact for clarity of the allegations.
Please submit your complaint form to Licking Bridge Builders Inc., 116 Green Street, Licking, Missouri 65542.
Licking Bridge Builders Inc. will process complaints that are complete and one once received, will review it to determine if Licking Bridge Builders Inc. has jurisdiction. The complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing them whether or not the complaint will be investigated by Licking Bridge Builders Inc. The investigation will generally be completed within 90 days from receipt of a completed complaint form. If more information is needed to resolve the case, Licking Bridge Builders Inc. may contact the complainant. Unless a longer period is specified by Licking Bridge Builders Inc., the complainant will have ten (10) days from the date of the letter to send requested information to the Licking Bridge Builders Inc. investigator assigned to the case.
If the requested information is not received within that timeframe the case will be closed.
After the Title VI investigator reviews the complaint, one of two letters will be issued to the complainant; a closure letter or letter of finding.
A closure letter summarizes the allegations and states that there was not a Title VI violation and that the case was closed.
A letter of finding summarizes the allegations and provides an explanation of the corrective action taken.
If the complainant disagrees with Licking Bridge Builders Inc. determination, the complainant may request reconsideration by submitting the request in writing to the Title VI investigator within seven (7) days after the date of the letter of closure or letter of finding, stating with specifically the basic for the reconsideration. Licking Bridge Builders Inc. will notify complainant of the decision either to accept or reject the request for reconsideration within ten (10) days. In cases where reconsideration is granted, Licking Bridge Builders Inc. will issue a determination letter to the complainant upon completion of the reconsideration review.
A person may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration at the FTA Office of Civil Rights, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590.
If information is needed in another language, you may contact Maria Mansfield at (573) 578-1265.